Readers Mart - Used Bikes/Parts For Sale/Wanted
This page is a classified list of used and second hand bikes and parts, submitted by readers and other Norton owners - occasionally I might even use it myself to advertise parts or bikes from my own collection.
If you wish to advertise here, please email me at: email@example.com
Submitting Adverts:Adverts should provide as much detail as possible, the descriptions should accurately represent the part and you must include name, contact number and email address. Photographs should be supplied in .JPEG/JPG format and not exceed 600W x 400H pixels (portrait or landscape)
Advert Fees:Expect a smaller advert for parts to cost on average £15 - £30 for parts worth up to £500, dependent on the number of photographs submitted.
If wishing to advertise a complete motorcycle, I will charge a commision based on the final selling value of the bike, but will only request the commision on final sale of the bike and the new seller confirming the bike was seen from this website.
Note: Placing a 'Wanted' advert is free - but I will remove advert's unless i hear back from the person placing advert after a 2 month period
Please note: www.racingvincent.co.uk takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any adverts described here (except any relating to my own parts/bikes). Any adverts responded to on this page are done so entirely at the buyers own risk
1997 Ducati 916 For Sale (From my own collection)
This advert is for my own 1997 Ducati 916 which I have owned since 2004 and if I say so myself is one of the best and most unmoleseted 916's you are likely to find - a really lovely bike to ride and with all the best mods fitted. This is a really regretfull sale and the only reason I am considerng selling it is that I am having to put together a deposit for a new CNC lathe for the Norton business, and unfortuately this is needed to help fund that.
The bike will be sold with full tax and MOT and with a new battery fitted.
Its full specifiction is as follows:
- 1997 Ducati 916 Biposto with 22,800 miles on it from new and comprehensive service history, owned by myself for the last 11 years. Previous to me, the last owner was another older rider with family, who used it as a fun tool
- .Fitted with Ohlins (916 SPS spec) rear damper. I also seem to remember it being fitted with re-valved front forks to SPS spec - but cannot guarantee this
- Ohlins 916 SPS hydraulic steering damper (much better than shitty original 916 type - which is also included)
- Ducati 916 SPS single seat and SPS front 'whiteboard' on front nose fairing
- 45mm Carbon fibre Termignoni exhaust mufflers fitted - sound lovely. Original silencers also included
- Revised 916 Epromm chip fitted to go with Termi exhaust (and old chip included)
- Goodridge stainless brake hoses fitted
- Carbon Fibre rear hugger - with additional carbon fibre run for brake hose and chainguard protector - looks lovely and very trick
- Carbon Fibre swing arm protector
- 916 SPS carbon fibre front hugger fitted. Original included
- Genuine Ducati Corsa (magnesium) slipper clutch and aluminium clutch plates (original clutch included)
- Trick aluminium vented clutch cover - so you can see the slipper clutch!
- Billet aluminium clutch slave cylinder. Another common period mod giving better clutch action and less inclined than original to weep. Original included
- Adustable billet footrest hangers and gear/brake lever. These fitted with carbon fibre heel plates and titanium fittings. These were the most expensive type of billet footrests available for 916's (other than genuine Corsa) when current
- Double bubble smoked fairing screen fitted (much better than original for deflecting wind)
- Lots of additional titanium fasteners fitted. Alloy plugs (manufactured by myself) fitted in frame lugs (a period mod)
- Recent full service (approx 500 miles ago), by Ducati specialists xxx, with cambelts changed, and valve timings checked, including oil change/filter, new tyre, new sprockets and chains
- Immobiliser fitted
- New battery just fitted. Bike will be fully MOT'd and come with six months tax for sale
- Proper single sided 916 rear stand and original (tatty) Ducati cover will be includeed in sale
Bike has always been an excellent and reliable runner. It has never had any mechanical issues and has always started easily. I have had some of my best rides ever on this machine. It is a real sacrifice for me parting with this machine - but unfortunately I have to fund a new CNC machine and therefore something has to go. Phone (evenings after 8pm) or email me for more information. By the way - see my Article Archive session if you want to see a couple of articles I wrote shortly after purchasing the bike, including fitting the Slipper Clutch.
1997 Ducati 916 (originally Biposto but to full SPS chassis specification with Corsa Slipper clutch. VGC- £4900.
Parts or Bikes - WANTED
Another post from myself. I am after a 'round' fin alloy barrel - 500cc. Condition not really critical but obviously, as good as possible.
Will purchase or give good credit against parts. Also square barrel similar.
I have posted this on behalf of Vickie and Max who are looking for a Norton ES2 in Australia, for her 90 year old father. I think it would be really nice if someone could help her - so have included Vicki's email to me below:
"We found your address on a norton site. sorry for this but my father inlaw is 90, he has done a few old cars up in the past. his last a rocket snider she is beautiful
We are tying to find a es2 or close to that in queensland australia, as dad is too old to start another car.
We are thinking of getting him a bike to tinker with, his 1st bike was a norton es2. we just need to keep him busy happy healthy and alive
and this is the best way we can think of.
if you could suggest any one in australia that can help us it would be very much appreciated
yours sincerely max and vickie obrien"
Royal Enfield Trials Bullet 350 (Works Rep power unit)
This advert is for my own Royal Enfield (Works Rep) Trials bike, which I now need to sell out of necessity. Although I would prefer not to sell it at all (as I would still like to do the odd VMCC trial on it), unfortunately family illness in the last few months means I need to find room in my garage to move in another bike from my mothers garage - so something has to go.
I had loaded this webpage a few months ago on this page (with a price of £3100 at that time), but not bothered to advertise it elsewhere or push it's sale - but now I really need to sell it I have also placed adverts elsewhere leading to this page and reduced the price to what I think is a very reasonable £2850 (a couple of friends have also said likewise, unfortunately neither need a trial bike at the moment!), for a quick sale.
The other thing to note since I took most of the photographs below, is that I just fitted a brand new rear Michelin MX11 Competition rear tyre and inner tube and this is shown in the photograph directly below. Below this new photograph is the full bike description and photographs taken last year - it has not been used since these photographs were taken though. In case it is not clear in the photographs - the colour scheme is British Racing Green and Silver that look great together in the flesh.
I have owned this bike for about 15 years, and before that knew its previous owner for many years (it belonged to a very old friend of Titch Allen who collected motorcycles - to my knowledge it had sat in his garage unused since it's last trial in the 1960's). I did not buy the bike directly from this owner - instead I let a close friend of mine know about it and he actually purchased it, but when he came to use it he found it was not to his liking, him being used to riding modern bikes, so I immediately bought it off him (regretting not buying it myself in the first place!) and gave it a total rebuild and restoration.
It is a lovely bike and not quite what it might seem at first . As far as I can tell it was put together in the early 1960's using all the right tirals parts. It comprises a mid 1950's Bullet chassis (which I think is slightly lighter than the later frame, but fitted with a later Works Replica Trials engine/gearbox./magneto unit - widely regarded as the ultimate Trials power unit.
The bike had a full restoration including engine completely stripped down when I first owned it approximately 15 years ago, since that time it has only been used occasionally, although I did do a number of VMCC Taverners trials on it about 10 years ago over a 4 year period. It now has a nice patina.
It has always ran on Castrol R, so smells gorgeous (although it could probably do with new valve guides now at some point, as it does tend to smoke a bit from cold. However, it has always ran extremely sweetly and starts very easily, with no nasty knocks or rattles. In fact, when I did strip the engine down originally I was amazed at how beautifully the engine was put together for a trials bike - inside the crank and construction was just like that of a racing bike!
Key Features of the bike include:
- Correct 'Works Replica' engine/gearbox/magneto unit, with alloy barrel/rev clock drive/late spec timing side twin roller main bearing
- Genuine RE Trials tank (single fuel tap)
- Lightweight Trials rear subframe (Works type)
- Lucas K1FC Competition Magneto - rewound when first rebuilt (correct for a Works Rep engine)
- 21" front/18" rear Akront Alloy rims. Michelin rear trials tyres fitted. New rear tyre will be fitted at time of selling
- Sammy Miller footrests on custom made trials hangers (fabricated by myself) on swinging arm pivot
- Comes with both standard RE Trials gearing (for the road) and ultra short engine sprocket gearing (as used by those trialling today)
- Original upswept exhaust (new silencer from Armours available - bought new but never fitted)
- Rubber saddle
- Modern (classic style) NJB Trials shocks fitted
- Original RE trials 'barrel' tookit carrier fitted
- All original bolts used in restoration, all dull nickeled or chromed by high quality chromers, now nicely patine'rd
- Comes with V5 and can be MOT'd for the road if required
- Spare rear wheel fitted with 19" rim and original 1960's Trials tyre available extra (these tyres now very rare)
- Very Good usable condition (and well sorted for pre 65 classic trials). Looks lovely in British Race Green/Silver and alloy
- Just had oil change (racing castor oil)